Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Resolution for Women

I still haven't seen the movie "Courageous" yet but I bought the women's study book that goes with it. I plan on watching the movie tomorrow, if I can. So far, I have read the forward and the first lesson. This is the second book that has helped me with my miscarriage. I look forward to getting closer to God and trying to change my study habits for Him.

My Bible Fellowship (BF) teacher has started a new 5 min mini sermon for the men in our class. He is taking those sermons out of the "Courageous" study book for men. I asked Daniel, my husband, what he thought about the lessons. He told me he really wanted to read the book. Later that day, as I searched for the book, I saw it had a female counterpart. I decided that it would be neat if we both read them. It must have been divinely timed because I was feeling particularly blah that day. I had just got done talking to Daniel about how I'm sad all the time and I don't feel like my life is going anywhere. I feel like my life was going the way I wanted it to before this happened. I was finally getting something I have wanted my entire life and then this happened. It was a colossal letdown. My world crumbled. Then I get this book. And this book's first resolution is:

I do solemnly resolve to embrace my current season of life and will maximize my time in it. I will resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent and portion of my journey but will live with a spirit of contentment.

Really? This is the first resolution? I must be content in my current season of life? What if I don't want to be content? What if I want to indulge in self pity and be miserable- a horrible thing happened to me; I deserve to be heartbroken if I so choose.

Then came the verses.
"True godliness with contentment is itself great wealth" (1 Timothy 6:6 NLT)

"If we have food and clothing, with these we shall be content" (1 Timothy 6:8 AMP)

"Make sure your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, 'I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you'" (Hebrews 13:5 NASB)

I'm trying to be content but it is so hard. It's hard to be in a storm and thank God for what you're going through. I know we're supposed to be thankful- in good times as well as bad. I know I'm nowhere near grateful enough for this storm I am going through and I'm glad God is who He is. I need His favor and His grace and His love....and I have it. I just need to accept it. If this is how you're feeling, I urge you to take a step with me and try to accept the love, grace, and acceptance He is trying to give us today.

Love in Christ,
a hurt soul.

*Book info: "The Resolution for Women" By: Priscilla Shirer*

2 comments:

  1. We've really been wanting to see that movie. I didn't realize there was a companion book for women. I'll have to check that out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, so far I really like it! She made it into small lessons so that any time you have a few mins to read, you can and get something out of it.

    ReplyDelete